MOTjE et Al.'s adventure story

A quest for food

It is a new day, the little mouse wakes up and stretches her little arms and legs, trying to find the courage to get out of her bed full of morning warmth. She eventually manages to get out of her nest and shakes her fluffy little fur in the hope of getting her hair out of the bed state it is in right now, but only half succeeds. Her nest has been feeling empty ever since she got separated from her family when she was an ever smaller mouse, just a few months ago. That does not stop her from being the awesome little mouse she is, though!

    Her tummy rumbles. So, she steps out of her little hideout, a den fit for a mouse of her size, located beneath an old willow. She does know about a few places to get some food. Some have a higher risk but also a higher reward, like that old woman’s house. She always has some crumbs lying around or some cheese, but she also has a cat, which makes it dangerous. Or should she just go search for some seeds or berries? The risk may be smaller, but it is also less rewarding because it takes a long time. Where to go, where to go…?

Time for adventure!

The tummy of the tiny mouse, standing at the entrance to her little burrow in the willow tree, rumbles again. Time to make a decision, she thinks to herself. Even though there is no one else around, she needs to prevent getting hangry: she can’t even stand herself in that state! As she decides that today is the day to be adventurous, a new path catches her eye: the path behind the old willow, leading to a darker part of the woods. The mouse pushes aside a few branches covering up the entrance to this new road and bravely steps into the darkness. 

After her eyes have adjusted to the darkness, the mouse sees that this place does not look like the forest at all. The new path is very smooth and neatly aligned with trees, different from the ones she knows. While becoming a bit anxious, the little mouse hurries from bush to bush to pick up different scents. Just when she notices some unfamiliar berries, hanging from a branch nearby, she spots a tiny house with light coming from its windows further down the road. While she stretches her neck to see if there are more houses, she suddenly detects a sweet smell coming from her right… She contemplates what to do.

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.

What should the mouse do?