- Why should I become a member of BeeVee?
- Which representation possibilities are there for students?
- What exactly does Binding Study Advice (BSA) mean?
- Where can I buy books?
- Where can I find my schedule?
- What is the composition of the study biology?
- Where can I find information about the different courses?
- How can I register for courses?
- How can I apply for my diploma?
- Where can I go for information about an internship abroad?
- How do I apply for an extra exam attempt?
- Can I study abroad during my bachelor?
- How do I becombe a member of a committee?
- Where do I go with a complaint about a commitee or BeeVee?
- Where do I go if my laptop won't connect with the wifi network of the university?
- How can I use the printer?
- How do I book a studyroom or class-room?
- I have a question which isn't on this list, what now?
1. Why should I become a member of BeeVee?
BeeVee is the study association for biology students of the Radboud University. As a member of BeeVee you get a discount on your study materials, such as the necessary books and labcourse materials. The study association also organises all sorts of activities. These can be study related activities such as lectures, workshops and afternoons where you can study together. However, there are also a lot of activities where you can get to know your fellow students. For this purpose, BeeVee organises parties, afternoon drinks, games, sport activities and a lot more.
2. Which representation possibilities are there for students?
There are a few different ways for students to have a say in the Radboud University. These are depicted in the overview below. (It's unfortunately only in Dutch)
Do you want to know more about student participation? Take a look at the website.
3. What exactly does Binding Study Advice (BSA) mean?
The BSA implies that each student who is registered for the first year of a full-time bachelor's program, may not continue the program if he/she doesn't meet the requirements of the BSA. For first year (medical) biology students who started in 2016 these requirements are earning 39 EC. When you don't manage to meet the requirements of the BSA you won't be able to enroll for the study (medical) biology at the Radboud University.
If you have done another study program before studying (medical) biology you may get an exemption for certain courses. However, the EC you get for these courses won't be taken into account when determining whether you have accomplished the requirements of the BSA. You have to earn 39 new EC on the Radboud University in the first year to get your BSA.
4. Where can I buy books?
As a member of BeeVee, you can buy books at our webshop with a 10% discount.
5. Where can I find my schedule?
The schedule of the study can be found by going to schedule.ru.nl, selecting Faculty of Science and than selecting your study program. This schedule is particularly useful when you can't log in to the Radboud University yet and haven't got any differentiation courses yet.
Once you can log in to the Radboud University, it is more convenient to go to your personal schedule. Here you can choose which courses are shown on your schedule. You can also find your personal schedule through the studentportal.
6. What is the composition of the study biology?
The study biology consists of a three year bachelor's program and a two year master's program. These years contain manditory courses, elective courses and internships. A nice overview of this can be found in the studyguide.
7. Where can I find information about the different courses?
Information about the courses can be found in the studyguide.
8. How can I register for courses?
You can register for a course at Osiris. Keep in mind that there are deadlines for registering for a course far before the new courses start. Be sure to read the course description in the studyguide before registering.
9. How can I apply for my diploma?
All the information you need for getting your diploma can be found here in the studyguide. It is important that your course program is approved by the examination board before applying for your bachelor's diploma. It is best to do this already at the end of your second year or the beginning of your third year. This way, you'll be sure that you have enough time to get your program in order in case it gets declined. If you have any questions about your course program you can send an e-mail to the examination board (firstname.lastname@example.org).
10. Where can I go for information about an internship abroad?
If you want to study abroad or do an internship there, you should make an appointment with our study avisor Conny Mooren. You can contact her through e-mail (email@example.com). It's also possible to go to the International Office.
11. How do I apply for an extra exam attempt?
From September 1st 2017 onwards it won't be necessary to apply for an additional exam attempt. From then on you will be able to sign up for an exam at Osiris.
12. Can I study abroad during my bachelor?
Yes you can. You can follow courses at an university abroad or do a minor or internship there. If you want to do this it is advisable to contact our study advisor Conny Mooren. You can contact her through email (firstname.lastname@example.org). It's also possible to go to the International Office.
13. How do I becomber a member of a committee?
The Fixed Activities Committees (FACs) of BeeVee organise all kinds of different activities. For an overview of what each committee does you can click here. You can become member of a committee by contacting the committee and be present at one of their meetings. The committees may choose which people they accept.
14. Where do I go with a complaint about a commitee or BeeVee?
15. Where do I go if my laptop won't connect with the wifi network of the university?
C&CZ (computer and communication affairs) in HG03.055 is there to help you with computer troubles. They also have their own Wiki.
16. How do I use the printer? (This answer is currently outdated and we are working on a replacement)
Students are able to print, copy and scan on the entire campus - regardless of the faculty you are part of. This is done with the Péage-system. Whenever you print with Péage, you send a printing order to your printing queue. You are then able to print the documents in you queue with any printer. To use Péage, you need to have an account and upgrade your debit. You can find more information here.
17. How do I book a studyroom or classroom?
18. I have a question which isn't on this list, what now?
You can ask your question with this contact form.